Meet Joyce of Zebracakes!

Monday, January 3, 2011
Birthdate: March 15th
Location: Washington, DC
Shop Name: zebracakes.etsy.com

When and why did you first join Etsy?
I joined in November of 2007. I was looking for a site to buy handmade goods and boy did I ever find a goldmine! 
Did you open your shop right away?
No, not right away. I didn't think I could make it work, to be honest.

Why are you a member of EtsyTeaParty?
I started the team with Amber of Laceybabydoll.etsy.com because I wanted to be a part of a group where we could share our love for all things girly, sweet, kawaii, hime, lolita, dolly, and fun. It was my hope that we could come together to support each other, especially since Etsy is very popular and can be overwhelming at times.




Medium Vanilla Frosting Barrette

Easy one, what is your favorite color(s)?

I love black, gray, pink, and sometimes brown. 

How did you choose your shop's name?
My shop is named after my cat.
What is your favorite item that you have listed in your shop and why?
I love my frosting barrettes (in sizes smallmedium, and large) because you can dress them up or dress them down. Since they are not too over the top, I think they can be worn by females of all ages. I wear my medium frosting barrette pretty much every other day.

Do you have any other hobbies besides crafting/creating gorgeous handmade things for Etsy?
I don't really have any other hobbies, per se, but am currently working on my Ph.D. That's a little bit more than a hobby though. It's a whole other life. I like to keep it fresh by moving back and forth between my two lifestyles.

Do you have any pets?
Yep. One cat and one husband.



Marie Antoinette Palace Party Kitten Heels

What is your most cherished possession and why?
Health. If you don't have your health, all the beauty, youth, or money in the world is absolutely worthless. 

What is/are your favorite item(s) that you bought from Etsy?
I have purchased so many things on Etsy that it would be impossible for me to name just one, but I'm going to anyway: it's this awesome shabby chic kitty bed. The seller, lovenostalgicwhimsy.etsy.com, was kind enough to swap out the pillow case for a girly floral pink one.

Tell us about your family members.
I live with my husband, my cat Zebracakes, and our Roomba, Geno (named after Evgeni Malkin of the Pittsburgh Penguins--the Roomba looks like a hockey puck).

If you were stranded on an island and could only bring three things, what would they be?
My husband, my cat, and a case of Islay Scotch. Hopefully my husband would choose to bring useful tools so we could feed ourselves. The cat would probably bring cat nip, cat nip, and cat nip.




Lolita Purse-Sold
What things inspire you to craft/create? 
Fancy clothes, furnishings, jewelry, and people.


What advice do you have for fledgling Etsy sellers?
I struggle with photography and I think that others have difficulty with it as well. Always aim to take good quality pictures with ample lighting. Make sure your listings are easy to read and double-checked for spelling and grammar errors. Be on top of your customer service and don't leave your customers hanging for convo or email responses. How well you treat your customers will greatly impact your business. 

1 Bows:

Momoko Plush Tattooed Mom | Beauty and craft! said...

*___________*

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.