Meet Ann of DestinationDesign!

Thursday, December 30, 2010
Name: Ann
Birthdate: January 28, 1990
Location: Arlington, TX
Shop Name: DestinationDesign

When and why did you first join Etsy

I joined Etsy around March of 2009, curious on what the hype is on Etsy. To be honest, I saw the ads on Facebook, saying I could find kawaii things on Etsy. One peek, and I was already sucked in!

Did you open your shop right away?  

Not right away, because I haven't thought much of selling. After some trial and error, I figured out what I wanted to make and opened a couple of months later. 

Why are you a member of EtsyTeaParty?
 
Because the team offers a great variety of sellers, and I just want to be a part of it! I want to connect with other sellers that are in my 'genre' of items, and maybe become good friends.

Easy one, what is your favorite color(s)? 

Hands down, green! But ever since my daughter was born, I'm beginning to like pink a lot...

How did you choose your shop's name?

I guess it's an alliteration type of thing, I was always a sucker for those. The name, really, was just something I came up on top of my head, and the tag line soon followed, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

What is your favorite item that you have listed in your shop and why? 

I love Peppermint the deer necklace (yes, I named her for now)!! The bead work for the necklace was something I didn't know how to do at first, and when I first learned it, I made that necklace. It holds a lot of meaning, and I could only wish that someone could give Peppermint a good home.

Do you have any other hobbies besides crafting/creating gorgeous handmade things for Etsy? 

I'm also a mom, stay at home mom at that. I sacrificed a lot to become a mom, and crafting is something to escape my stressful mother life (or vice versa!). I'm also an avid Korean pop lover, and I'm slowly incorporating K-pop and crafting together. I also enjoy playing video games on the Wii and Xbox360 (Call of Duty ftw!) and watching movies with my friends on the weekend. 

Do you have any pets? 

None! I don't think I could handle a pet and a child!
What is your most cherished possession and why?: Is it possible to say my daughter? I believe she's pretty important! 


What is/are your favorite item(s) that you bought from Etsy? 

Aside from the endless supplies, I bought these cute stuffed pandas from y0omii. They are very soft and I ended up keeping one for myself!

Tell us about your family members

My family came from Taiwan to America with a dream, just like any other immigrant. My dad is currently a sushi chef in the DFW area with my mom as a waitress. My grandmother knows Japanese along with the usual Mandarin-Chinese, so she helps me a lot when it comes to the Japanese culture and keeping up with the trend. I have a little sister, who can be useful when it comes to telling me what I should and should not do when it comes to making jewelry (even though she is not a jewelry wearer herself). Last, but not least, my cute daughter who knows how to get me going!

If you were stranded on an island and could only bring three things, what would they be? 

My daughter, iPhone, and tape. Tape will definitely entertain both of us for a while.

What things inspire you to craft/create? 

Aside from the Japanese culture, looking at re-ment sets gets me going on what I should make. I also flip through Japanese craft books, specifically clay ones, to get ideas especially ones that I could deco-den with!


What advice do you have for fledgling Etsy sellers? 
Be patient! It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 100 sales. As long as you are enjoying what you are doing, and you are having fun, you are truly happy. 

0 Bows:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.